[CRIU] CRIU and GO

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Thu Oct 4 22:40:04 MSK 2018

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 05:37:25PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
[...]
> > > The main idea was to have a canonical location for the go bindings which
> > > is easy to detect and switch runc to using it once it exists. I would
> > > like to use it in podman right now and the vendor/github.com tree is
> > > around 20MB of which 5MB is CRIU. It basically is only a tool problem
> > > (vndr), but it probably is more difficult to change the tool, then
> > > provide CRIU go bindings separately.
> >
> > Ok. All these sound reasonable. I don't have objections about a new repo.
>
> OK, let me prepare something and I will post it here for review.

I am looking at the phaul GO implementation and I think it would make
sense to include it into the CRIU GO bindings repository. Because it is
kind of the reference implementation/user for the go bindings right now
and would be a good test case. Would you rather keep it in the criu
repository? If necessary we could pull in the CRIU GO bindings
repository in CRIU during travis tests.

		Adrian