[CRIU] CRIU and GO

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Tue Oct 2 09:17:01 MSK 2018

Hello Andrei,

I am currently trying to add checkpoint/restore support to podman:

https://github.com/containers/libpod/pull/469

and I hope it will soon be merged. As I need at least CRIU 3.11 for
podman I would like to include a version check into podman.

As we already have a version check in GO in runc I was first looking at
the runc code but then I remembered the Pavel's CRIU go interface in
lib/go/.

So for podman I tried to vendor-in github.com/checkpoint-restore/criu
and started to wonder if we might want to have an independent GO
binding, because right now most of the vendor-in'd code is C code and
tests and not much GO code.

So instead of including 'github.com/checkpoint-restore/criu/lib/go/src/criu'
we could have something like 'github.com/checkpoint-restore/go-criu' ?

What do you say? Would it make sense to have an independent go binding
for CRIU? Once it works we could start to also use it in runc...

		Adrian