[CRIU] Criu takes a snapshot of a windows container ?

Andrei Vagin avagin at virtuozzo.com
Tue May 29 22:09:50 MSK 2018

Hi Thouraya,

I know that there are two options to run containers on Windows. It is
possible to run linux containers. As far as I understand, docker is
running in a virtual machine, where a linux kernel is running.

Another option is to run a native windows container with windows
applications inside.

If your question is about the first option, the answer is yes, but you
have to be sure that the docker linux kernel is compiled with all
required options:
https://criu.org/Linux_kernel

If you are asking about the second option, the answer is no. CRIU uses a
lot of linux specific interfaces.