[CRIU] Memory dump time with incremental checkpoint

Ranjan Sarpangala Venkatesh ranjansv at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:13:35 MSK 2018

Hi Radostin

Thank you for the reply. The transfers, in this case, are done locally to
an image file. I have looked at the code which dumps memory locally.
TIME_MEMWRITE is mostly spliced () of pages and writing pagecache map.
Would like to know why Dump 2 takes much longer while writing less number
of pages. Is it due to the behavior of splice(), trying to sync to the
filesystem or is it due to SPLICE_F_MOVE flag to splice()? Thanks

Regards
Ranjan