[CRIU] CONFIG_EXPERT still necessary

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Thu Jul 12 11:58:40 MSK 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:48:46AM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> On 07/10/2018 05:05 PM, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > Has there been any discussion if the EXPERT flag could be removed for
> > CHECKPOINT_RESTORE in the kernel?
>
> I don't remember any actually.
>
> > The EXPERT flag makes it hard to find and sometimes it is difficult to
> > enable options which are hidden behind EXPERT. I have seen multiple
> > discussion about not enabling CHECKPOINT_RESTORE because of EXPERT.
> >
> > CHECKPOINT_RESTORE would still need to be enabled explicitly.
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> I would definitely ack the patch doing so :)

Good to know. Yesterday I talked with Eric Biederman about it and he
said to having it default to 'y' as it really does not change much in
the kernel. Looking at the defconfigs including CHECKPOINT_RESTORE they
all set it to yes.

I will send a patch upstream to remove CONFIG_EXPERT in a first step
with you all on CC.

Any ideas where to send the patch to? All persons which
get_maintainer.pl returns?

		Adrian