[CRIU] CRIU hackaton

Mike Rapoport rppt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 25 13:05:22 MSK 2018

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 09:10:45PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 09:06:06PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:

> > > This sounds like a great idea and I would be interested to join. I do
> > > not know (yet) if I will have travel funding, but in theory I would be
> > > interested.
> >
> > We can discuss location too. If most of the people would prefer not Oct.
> > and/or not Haifa, then we'll (try to) move it. The current proposal is
> > for Haifa is mostly because IBM has agreed to provide us a room with
> > electricity :)
> >
> > > Has there been a discussion to append the CRIU hackathon to the Linux
> > > Plumbers Conference (or something like that)? That would make travel
> > > funding a bit easier (although more difficult to find a location).
> >
> > Not yet this year. IIRC last LPC we asked committee for hackaton space, but
> > with no luck. If 3 hours driving from LPC and different country is not a
> > problem I can try to get a space from Virtuozzo, we have an office somewhere
> > near Seattle.
>
> For me, at least, that would make joining much easier.

We've started to discuss the possibility to make the CRIU hackaton in
Seattle and we've found a slight problem with the dates. The Plumbers is
going to be Tuesday to Thursday, which means that even if we do one day
event, people will need to travel on weekend or extend their stay on the
West coast over the weekend.

Will that work? Or we'll just stick to the Plumbers hallway track?

--
Sincerely yours,
Mike.