[CRIU] [Announce] Criu 3.6 (Alabaster Finch) is out

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Mon Oct 30 17:11:47 MSK 2017

On 10/30/2017 10:53 AM, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 02:34:58PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
>> The 3.6 is out with several new features and a lot of bugfixes.
>> Changelog: https://criu.org/Download/criu/3.6
>> Sources: https://download.openvz.org/criu/criu-3.6.tar.bz2
>
> This time it compiles on all release and platforms. No complaints for me
> this time ;-) Thanks!
>
> Another question about the release: What is missing to get the
> configuration file support merged in master?

That's a very timely question :)   Here's the checklist for every new feature
to hit the master branch: https://criu.org/New_features_checklist

For the configuration files:

* code -- in there
* kernel feature check -- not required
* all 3 APIs -- I see the --config and --no-default-config options in CLI,
  but don't see them in RPC

* travis/jenkins job -- I haven't found :(

* man page -- the options are mentioned, but having a little bit more text in it would
  be nice, at least description of what "default config file" is and what's the file
  syntax
* wiki page -- this page (https://criu.org/CLI) doesn't have --config option on it

So once we have options in RPC, tests (Andrey, I think travis validation would be OK)
and wiki pages about the feature -- the feature will be ready to merge.