[CRIU] Post-Copy Live Migration in PHaul

John Goen jtgoen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 23:51:45 MSK 2017

Hello,

I'm a master's student with my thesis focus in container live migration and
I've been interested in utilizing the new feature in CRIU for post-copy
migration.

I noticed that the PHaul documentation on the wiki states that only
pre-copy migration is supported currently (and the source code also seems
to reflect this), so I was looking to add post-copy support to PHaul and
test it against other container migration solutions like IBM's Voyager
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~sahil/suneja-icdcs17.pdf

I have two main questions:

1. Is this already in-progress or implemented?
2. If not, are there any recommendations for where to start?

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this, and thank you for your time.

Best,
John Goen