[CRIU] CRIU on RHEL 6

Harry Jiang har.jiang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 20:08:03 MSK 2017

Hi everyone, I'm interested in using CRIU on redhat 6 but CRIU requires
kernel version 3.11 or newer and redhat 6 uses 2.6. I know that CRIU is
available already in redhat 7 but unfortunately that is not an option. We
don't need more advanced features like networking, just for simple c/c++
program for simulations/computation.

I have two questions:
1. Is there an easy way to run CRIU on redhat 6?
2. Is it possible and if so how hard would it be to modify the core of CRIU
to run on an older kenel (ie 2.6?). For example I know ptrace_seize wasn't
added until 3.4.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated, thanks.