[CRIU] Merged some code from criu-dev into master

Laurent Dufour ldufour at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 7 04:23:21 PDT 2016

On 06/09/2016 18:38, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've pulled some features that seem to work in criu-dev into master branch.
>
> Eugene, the code for shmem changes tracking conflicted with the lack of
> lazy pages in master :) Would you please, check that I resolved it correctly.
>
> Dima, Laurent, the PMEM patches depended on c220f6da (sigframe: prepare macro
> helpers for two sigframes) which in turn sat in the x32 set, so I ported one
> too. Would you also please check that I didn't break things.

Pavel,

I figured out what is going wrong here.

When porting the commit c220f6da (sigframe: prepare macro helpers for
two sigframes), the call to restore_gpregs() in construct_sigframe() has
been moved back to end of the function. So it is now called after
sigreturn_prep_fpu_frame().

I applied the attached patch which move the call back to the beginning
of the service as done in the original patch on criu-dev.
I was able to run succesfully all the tests for ppc64 (except maps008
which is still broken, and mnt_tracefs which is failing due to debugfs
mount point), and some basic TM tests as well.

Cheers,
Laurent.