[CRIU] Configuration file /etc/criu.d

Barve, Yogesh Damodar yogesh.d.barve at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Oct 21 17:24:13 PDT 2016

I would like to continue the discussion for having a configuration file to specify default parameters from which CRIU can load during execution.
The need for such option has also been discussed earlier here: https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/criu/2016-August/030819.html

I am trying to use the CRIU-docker to C/R a container, and stumbled into the issue of hitting the default --ghosh-limit. Now to resolve this issue, I have to pass ghost-limit configuration
parameter to CRIU, but there is no current option in Docker CLI to accomplish this.

I am referring to this issue on:

https://github.com/xemul/criu/issues/230

So if there was a way to specify custom config in a config file from which the criu could read, then this issue could be easily solved. I am sure there will be other such use cases wherein there will be a need to set the configuration options.

So could we have such feature support in CRIU to specify custom options?

thanks,
Yogesh