[CRIU] zdtm and --check-only with zdtm/static/socket-tcpbuf

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Thu Nov 10 04:03:59 PST 2016

I am currently going through the test cases which are failing with
'--check-only'. zdtm/static/socket-tcpbuf is one of the tests which
fails. If I understand it correctly the following happens.

zdtm dumps the test cases with --check-only which lets the processes
running. To end the process after check-only dumping I am using:

pstree_signal(self.__test.getpid(), signal.SIGKILL)

Which kills both instances of socket-tcpbuf.

Without check-only the following happens:

1. zdtm starts 2 instances of socket-tcpbuf
2. zdtm dumps and ends one instance of socket-tcpbuf
3. zdtm restores the second instance of socket-tcpbuf
4. all good

With check-only following happens:

1. zdtm starts 2 instances of socket-tcpbuf
2. zdtm dumps one instance of socket-tcpbuf and it keeps on running
3. using pstree_signal(self.__test.getpid(), signal.SIGKILL) both
   instances of socket-tcpbuf get killed
3. using os.kill(int(self.__test.getpid()), signal.SIGKILL) both
   instances of socket-tcpbuf also get killed
4. restore does not work as one process for communication is missing

So, my question is, what is the right approach to run socket-tcpbuf in
check-only mode? Does that test have to be changed or should I just
exclude it from check-only mode? Is there a way to exclude a test for
certain use cases?

		Adrian