[CRIU] VDSO unmap/remap (was Criu on Raspberry pi 2)

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Tue May 3 13:13:19 PDT 2016

Hi Laurent,

On 05/03/2016 12:18 PM, Laurent Dufour wrote:
> On 27/04/2016 23:08, Christopher Covington wrote:

>>> Unfortunately we don't have experts in ARM actively hacking on CRIU.
>>> Christopher is helping a lot, so is Dmitry (although his main area
>>> in CRIU is x86), but still ARM is not maintained as good as x86 is.
>>> So whether or not CRIU will support any particular feature on ARM is
>>> something we'd love to have more certainty about.
>>
>> Here's my latest attempt at VDSO remap/unmap support for ARM:
>>
>> https://codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/kernel/cov-ciru/log/?h=vdso-remap-2016-04-27
>>
>> Laurent, if you're able to help review and test the PPC changes, that'd
>> be appreciated.
>
> Hi Christopher,
>
> I'm sorry but I'm running out of time at the moment.
> As soon as I could get rid of the bugs I've in my plate, I'll do the
> review and give it a try.

No problem. Unfortunately the threads are a bit scattered, but Andy and
Dmitry seem to be in favor of a different hooks framework:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/1461584223-9418-1-git-send-email-dsafonov@virtuozzo.com

I'm not sure how the discussions will go, but the series will probably
change. So far nobody seems as excited as I had hoped about reducing
code duplication.

Thanks,
Christopher Covington

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project