[CRIU] [criu]launch page-server in swrk mode

Dengguangxing dengguangxing at huawei.com
Wed Mar 9 17:56:03 PST 2016

Hi, Pavel

在 2016/3/9 20:40, Pavel Emelyanov 写道:
> On 03/08/2016 03:16 PM, Dengguangxing wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to lauch a page-server through criu swrk mode.
>>
>> The page-server will always exit with one pre-dump/dump call(with page-server opts).
>> I've tried to set keep_open flag as true in rpc request. and it just acts the same way.
>
> Yup, page server exits once it sees the completion mark.
>
>> Am I wrong with the page-server swrk mode? How to lauch a page-server daemon in swrk mode
>> and make it survive serveral pre-dumps?
>
> With the current API it's not possible since different pre-dumps page server should
> put data into different image directories.

I've tested this with simple loop, launch page-server serveral times with the same image directory
 on dest-host.

perform criu pre-dump and dump with page-server param, and copy the rest files.

criu restore on dest-host succeed.

Does restoring succeed because of the simple loop process? or it just always do?

Thanks!
Deng