[CRIU] TCP_REPAIR MSS issue

Andrey Vagin avagin at virtuozzo.com
Tue Jun 14 10:15:29 PDT 2016

Hi,

Recently we found that we have to restore more parameters for tcp
sockets.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9144995/

As for your problem, criu saves and restores mss_clamp. Could you check
that it works for your case?

on dump:
	static int tcp_stream_get_options(int sk, struct tcp_info *ti,
	TcpStreamEntry *tse)
	{
		int ret;
		socklen_t auxl;
		int val;

		auxl = sizeof(tse->mss_clamp);
		ret = getsockopt(sk, SOL_TCP, TCP_MAXSEG, &tse->mss_clamp, &auxl);
		if (ret < 0)
			goto err_sopt;

on restore:
        pr_debug("Will set mss clamp to %u\n", tse->mss_clamp);
        opts[onr].opt_code = TCPOPT_MAXSEG;
        opts[onr].opt_val = tse->mss_clamp;
        onr++;

        if (setsockopt(sk, SOL_TCP, TCP_REPAIR_OPTIONS,
                                opts, onr * sizeof(struct tcp_repair_opt)) < 0) {
                pr_perror("Can't repair options");
                return -1;
        }

Thanks,