[CRIU] Problem with p.haul + docker

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Tue Jun 14 04:30:53 PDT 2016

On 06/10/2016 05:43 PM, Ross Boucher wrote:
> Hey everyone,

Hi, Ross, sorry for joining that late :(

> I'm trying to get together a demo of live migrating a docker container, but I'm stuck right now on a failure I can't figure out in p.haul. I'm using the wrapper and it ends up failing on an rsync error:
>
> Exception: Rsync failed
> Error (cr-service.c:887): Can't recv request: Connection reset by peer
> log: https://gist.github.com/boucher/fff79381474b6b59da435bc7416da1b1
>
> Any suggestions? The machines can connect to each other over ssh just fine, which was my first guess.

Well, the problem is likely in phaul/p_haul_docker.py's get_fs()
method. It should return an object that is to work with the fs and
in case of Docker it's hardcoded to be fs_haul_subtree which, in
turn, calls rsync to copy everything.

Presumably in Docker case the way to make fs available on destination
not should be something smarter than just rsync-in it.