[CRIU] RUNC Checkpoint and Restore Bench-marking

walid ashraf eng_walid_ashraf at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:27:38 PDT 2016

Dear All,
I Have implemented some tool to automate and test the performance or runc checkpoint and restore capabilities. and I am in need to get feed this measures from you.
I used stress test to create the load inside the container with different configurations starting from 1 MB memory to almost 2.5 GB Memory and from 1 process to 260.
The Results is Attached and also its chart . The time unit is in seconds and the memory size is in MBs.Also the code I used to test is here  https://github.com/washraf/runcbm .
I measured the both checkpoint and restore time with respect to number of processes and memory size.I am using a OptiPlex (9020) Physical machine of 4 GB Memory and 8 cores i7-4790 processor using ubuntu 14.04 and kernel 4.2.0-36-generic.
Does these results make sense to you or I am missing something.
Thanks for your time and efforts,Walid AshrafTeaching AssistantComputer Engineering DepartmentFaculty of Engineering - Helwan UniversityMobile: +201007025748http://about.me/WalidAshraf