[CRIU] Kernel Version

Abdullah Yousafzai yousafzai.abdullah at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 02:22:37 PDT 2016

I am using kernel version 3.10.49 and it does have the all requirement
mentioned on the install page i.e. is listed below.

CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE=y (Checkpoint/restore support)
CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y (Namespaces support)
CONFIG_UTS_NS=y (Namespaces support -> UTS namespace)
CONFIG_IPC_NS=y (Namespaces support -> IPC namespace)
CONFIG_PID_NS=y (Namespaces support -> PID namespaces)
CONFIG_NET_NS=y (Namespaces support -> Network namespace)
CONFIG_FHANDLE=y (Open by fhandle syscalls)
CONFIG_EVENTFD=y (Enable eventfd() system call)
CONFIG_EPOLL=y (Enable eventpoll support)

CONFIG_UNIX_DIAG=y (Unix domain sockets -> UNIX: socket monitoring
interface)
CONFIG_INET_DIAG=y (TCP/IP networking -> INET: socket monitoring interface)
CONFIG_INET_UDP_DIAG=y (TCP/IP networking -> INET: socket monitoring
interface -> UDP: socket monitoring interface)
CONFIG_PACKET_DIAG=y (Packet socket -> Packet: sockets monitoring interface)
CONFIG_NETLINK_DIAG=y (Netlink socket -> Netlink: sockets monitoring
interface)

CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y (File systems -> Inotify support for userspace)

But the problem is that when I run ./criu check it gives me the following
errors. Is there any way I can fix this all. Further the problem is that I
am on android devices and do not have luxuries of up-stream kernels.

Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Warn  (sockets.c:701): The current kernel doesn't support packet_diag
Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
Warn  (sockets.c:711): The current kernel doesn't support netlink_diag
prctl: PR_SET_MM_MAP is not supported, which is required for restoring user
namespaces
Error (cr-check.c:610): Unable to dump signal blocking mask: Input/output
error
Error (cr-check.c:634): Kernel doesn't support PTRACE_O_SUSPEND_SECCOMP
Error (cr-check.c:572): read: Invalid argument
Warn  (cr-check.c:696): Dirty tracking is OFF. Memory snapshot will not
work.
Error (tun.c:59): Can't check tun support: No such file or directory
Error (timerfd.c:55): timerfd: No timerfd support for c/r: Inappropriate
ioctl for device
Error (cr-check.c:304): fdinfo doesn't contain the mnt_id field
Error (cr-check.c:745): No AIO ring at expected location
Error (cr-check.c:796): fdinfo doesn't contain the lock field
Error (cr-check.c:826): CLONE_PARENT | CLONE_NEWPID don't work together

Best Regard -- ALLAH Hafiz, May Almighty ALLAH bless you

[image: --]

Abdullah Yousafzai
[image: https://]about.me/yousafzaiabdullah
<https://about.me/yousafzaiabdullah?promo=email_sig>