[CRIU] TCP_REPAIR MSS issue

Eggert, Lars lars at netapp.com
Mon Jul 18 02:06:05 PDT 2016

Hi,

On 2016-06-16, at 23:09, Andrey Vagin <avagin at virtuozzo.com> wrote:
> I can't reproduce this issue, now I'm trying to understand why it works
> for me and doesn't work for you.

just to conclude this thread for the list:

Andrey and me debugged this off-list. The issue arose, because my code did a bind() to 0.0.0.0 in TCP_REPAIR mode. When turning off TCP_REPAIR and sending into the socket, this caused minimum-MSS-sized segments to be transmitted. The issue goes away when I bind() to the local IP address of my local egress interface.

To me at least, this is a POLA violation (excuse the FreeBSD terminology :-) Either binding to 0.0.0.0 should fail, or it should succeed and full-sized segments should be sent. But at least I have a work-around now.

Thanks,
Lars