[CRIU] lxc - cgroup related restore error

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed Jul 13 03:49:07 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 01:41:34PM +0300, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 12:29:01PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> >
> > If I am trying to migrate a process while a LXC container is running on
> > the source system the migration fails during restore on the destination
> > system with:
> >
> > Error (cgroup.c:1193): cg: Failed writing 0-3 to cpuset//lxc/c7/cpuset.cpus: Numerical result out of range
> > Error (cgroup.c:1470): cg: Restoring special cpuset props failed!
> >
> > This happens with CRIU 2.3 and latest GIT.
> >
> > If I am running a LXC container on the destination system I still get
> > this error. If I am stopping the LXC container on the source system the
> > error disappears. This is again on a RHEL7 system with a 3.10.something
> > kernel.
>
> Looks like you're migratin into machine with less number of cpus?

Yes, that's true. Haven't checked that before. I am using two virtual
machines and it seems like I have forgotten that I changed the specs.

But as the migration works when LXC is stopped it would be nice to have
it working with LXC running. Migrating the container from one system to
another also works without errors. Only migrating a process unrelated to
the LXC container does not work.

		Adrian