[CRIU] lxc - cgroup related restore error

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed Jul 13 03:29:01 PDT 2016

If I am trying to migrate a process while a LXC container is running on
the source system the migration fails during restore on the destination
system with:

Error (cgroup.c:1193): cg: Failed writing 0-3 to cpuset//lxc/c7/cpuset.cpus: Numerical result out of range
Error (cgroup.c:1470): cg: Restoring special cpuset props failed!

This happens with CRIU 2.3 and latest GIT.

If I am running a LXC container on the destination system I still get
this error. If I am stopping the LXC container on the source system the
error disappears. This is again on a RHEL7 system with a 3.10.something
kernel.

		Adrian