[CRIU] Need Help on Android ARM64

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Thu Jan 28 06:21:47 PST 2016

Hi Abdullah,

On 01/27/2016 09:47 PM, Abdullah Yousafzai wrote:
> Hello Christopher,
>
> is it possible that you can search in your collection the Android.mk
> file you created

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I've never actually written an Android.mk. I
cross compiled using the Linaro (glibc based) prebuilt toolchain. Those
steps are on the wiki:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150119071634/http://criu.org/Installation

> so that I can re-use and not spend time in re-inventing the wheel and
> one another minor question, the android you have tested was using a
> custom kernel build with "CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE" enabled?.

Yes, the kernel was rebuilt with the CRIU-required options enabled. I've
historically used mostly-vanilla upstream kernels with an Android
userspace, but some of my colleagues used real Android kernels with the
configuration changes applied. More options than just
CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE are required:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150119071634/http://criu.org/Installation#Linux_Kernel

(Using the wayback machine because I'm having trouble with criu.org at
the moment.)

What version of Android and the kernel are you using? My recollection is
that some of the older Android kernels required CRIU-related patches be
backported, but maybe around Lollipop the kernel became new enough to
not need backports.

> Also a last question If my kernel is enabled with
> "CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE", than can I use a statically linked
> binary as right when I am using statically compiled binary it gives
> the following error:
>
> Error (sockets.c:128): Diag module missing (-2)
> Error (sockets.c:128): Diag module missing (-2)
> Error (sockets.c:128): Diag module missing (-2)
> Error (kerndat.c:154): Can't stat self map_files 2: No such file or
> directory
> Error (cr-dump.c:1578): Dumping FAILED.

What version of CRIU are you using? I see some recent map_files related
changes in the git log.

Regards,
Cov

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project