[CRIU] zdtm with proxy-cache

Rodrigo Bruno rbruno at gsd.inesc-id.pt
Sun Feb 7 17:56:27 PST 2016

Hi,

I am testing CRIU with proxy-cache migration (using sockets) using zdtm.py script
but I ran into two problems.

1- I start both the proxy and cache with --pidfile and their pids gets written
into specific files. However, the pids of both processes (proxy and cache) change
after getting written and therefore, from zdtm.py, I cannot kill them reading the
pidfile.

I looked into the page-server and it seems to quit before the zdtm.py script
attempts to kill it. If it does not quit, zdtm.py will fail to kill it as well
(because the pid inside the pid file is no longer the real one).

Do you know why this happens, why the real pid does not match the pid inside
the pidfile?

2- I cannot run tests using namespaces. I think the problem is related to a
unix socket that is used to communicate between the cache and CRIU Restore.
As soon as the restore operation attempts to mount the namespaces, new
connections to the unix socket no longer succeed.

Do you have any idea of a potential reason for this? Where should I look at?

Thanks,
Rodrigo Bruno

--
Rodrigo Bruno <rbruno at gsd.inesc-id.pt>