[CRIU] CRIU segfaulting when restoring a process

Nikolay Borisov kernel at kyup.com
Sun Aug 21 23:36:20 PDT 2016

On 08/19/2016 03:57 PM, Dmitry Safonov wrote:
> On 08/19/2016 03:34 PM, Dmitry Safonov wrote:
>> First is the question about your gcc version :)
>> Could you try with a newer just for sure?
>> And the second which may be also the reason -- maybe something hasn't
>> linked to your restorer binary, which would answer the size of PIE and
>> problem about external symbols -- I'll check if this may be a pitfall
>> with defined USERCFLAGS on build.
>
> So, I've just built CRIU with external glibc 2.19 (Oh!. We need to fix
> includes much more). And it C/R a process just fine and pass tests.
> I believe, we have some build problem with this gcc, please, specify
> the version.

So I've been using gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-16) - the
default in centos 6. I also tested with gcc (GCC) 4.9.1 20140922 (Red
Hat 4.9.1-10), which comes from devtoolset-3 package but still couldn't
restore the process. Here is the output of just the restorer being
rec-ompiled alongside a list of all the relocations etc.