[CRIU] CRIU segfaulting when restoring a process

Nikolay Borisov kernel at kyup.com
Thu Aug 18 06:44:28 PDT 2016

Hello,

I've built CRIU 2.5 from source + some patches which move around stuff
in the headers to facilitate compilation on centos 6.7 with external
glibc 2.19. My CRIU is built the following way:

make -j8 USERCFLAGS="-I/opt/glibc-2.19/include/ -L/opt/glibc-2.19//lib/
-Wl,-dynamic-linker=/opt/glibc-2.19//lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 -Wl,-
rpath=/opt/glibc-2.19/lib/:/usr/lib64/:/lib64/"

This way I can happily dump a simple process a la
https://criu.org/Simple_loop style. However my problems begin when I try
to restore the process, since CRIU segfaults. Here is a restore log as
well as strace from the restore process:

http://sprunge.us/DcIh - restore.log
http://sprunge.us/CVBG - strace.log

I'd happy if you could shed some light what I might be causing the
problem. One thing I thought might be the difference between the way the
process being restore - bash is compiled and criu. Here is a comparison
how they libraries look like: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23067392/ should
it matter of course

Regards,
Nikolay