[CRIU] Are there any CR tools which could work on latest android ?

Abdullah Yousafzai yousafzai.abdullah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 02:34:28 PDT 2016

The problem with CRIU on android is the kernel version CRIU requires kernel
version 3.11 + and most of the phone are stuck with 3.4 majority and 3.10
there is only one phone (as far as I know) right know in the market which
has a compatible Kernel version it is the LG G5 (Kernel version 3.18.x).
But G5 is not yet supported by cyanogenmod (official/un-official). Another
problem is most of the phone which has 3.10.x kernel version Like I have
Xiaomi Mi4i which I have a custom kernel 3.10.82 and the configs contains
all requirements of CRIU and I enabled them (Kernel Configs for CRIU) and
it still does not work. I does not remember the exact errors which i run
"criu check"

But this is the state.......

So happy debugging and keep us updated if there is any break through with
upstream kernel version on this aspect.

I hope this answer your question.

Thank you.

Best Regard -- ALLAH Hafiz, May Almighty ALLAH bless you

[image: --]

Abdullah Yousafzai
[image: https://]about.me/yousafzaiabdullah
<https://about.me/yousafzaiabdullah?promo=email_sig>