[CRIU] Kernel Version

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Tue Aug 2 04:51:00 PDT 2016

> But the problem is that when I run ./criu check it gives me the following errors. Is there any way I can fix this all. Further the problem is that I am on android devices and do not have luxuries of up-stream kernels.
>

> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Warn  (sockets.c:701): The current kernel doesn't support packet_diag

This message means that you don't have packet_diag functionality (see below),

> Error (libnetlink.c:96): Can't send request message: Invalid argument
> Warn  (sockets.c:711): The current kernel doesn't support netlink_diag

and netlink_diag -- these are subsystems needed to dump sockets.

> prctl: PR_SET_MM_MAP is not supported, which is required for restoring user namespaces
> Error (cr-check.c:610): Unable to dump signal blocking mask: Input/output error

Missing ptrace extension needed for correct dumping of task signal state.

> Error (cr-check.c:634): Kernel doesn't support PTRACE_O_SUSPEND_SECCOMP

This is minor.

> Error (cr-check.c:572): read: Invalid argument
> Warn  (cr-check.c:696): Dirty tracking is OFF. Memory snapshot will not work.

So is this.

> Error (tun.c:59): Can't check tun support: No such file or directory

And this.

> Error (timerfd.c:55): timerfd: No timerfd support for c/r: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> Error (cr-check.c:304): fdinfo doesn't contain the mnt_id field
> Error (cr-check.c:745): No AIO ring at expected location
> Error (cr-check.c:796): fdinfo doesn't contain the lock field
> Error (cr-check.c:826): CLONE_PARENT | CLONE_NEWPID don't work together

And all the above. But basically -- you're missing the sockets diag interface
and pstrace extension for signals handing.

Sockets diag ... well, there's something we can do about it, but ptrace extension
is quite critical. Can you backport a patch if I send you the upstream commit?