[CRIU] Criu on Raspberry pi 2

Dmitry Safonov dsafonov at virtuozzo.com
Thu Apr 14 03:37:55 PDT 2016

On 04/13/2016 05:51 PM, alex vk wrote:
> Hi everyone,
Hi Alex,

> I'm trying to make CRIU work on a raspberry pi2.
> The final purpose would be to demo the live migration of a server app
> between two raspberry pi 2.
>
> I've build a new kernel with the right options (all DIAG's,
> Checkpoint/restore, etc.. as stated on the Wiki) and when I try "criu
> check", it answers "looks good".
> However I got a recurrent error when i try to dump : (sudo ./criu dump -D
> /home/pi/checkpoint -t $(pidof vi) --shell-job)
>
> Found VVAR area without support
> Error (cr-dump.c:1201): Collect mappings (pid: 6995) failed with -1
> Error (cr-dump.c:1600): Dumping FAILED.
AFAICS, criu does not support vdso dumping for arm.
But it should be fine on v3.18 kernel, as it has no support for
armv7 vdso. So, I think you may want to try the last criu on
v3.18 kernel.

> I've tried different kernel versions form the raspbian repositoy, and all
> the CRIU version of the Git repo. I've also tried your customed kernel on
> https://github.com/avagin/linux-rpi-criu.git with the 3.18 branch which
> supports the raspberry pi 2 (bcm2709_defconfig)  without success...
>
> I'm definitely not a kernel expert :)
> But is there something i'm missing here, like a kernel patch, relative to
> the raspberry pi 2?
>
> A last question : on some criu version, I had to add CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL in
> the kernel, otherwise CRIU was not finding /proc/-pid-/loginuid, whereas
> it's not mentioned in the Wiki ?
> Is this CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL really required ?
Sorry for that, it was my fault on some older criu version.
I did a fix for that for kernels without CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL.
Do you get it on the lastest criu or criu newer than v2.0?

--
Regards,
Dmitry Safonov