[CRIU] p.haul and docker problem

Sharmin Sultana Sheuly sharmin.sultana.sheuly90 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:06:50 PDT 2016

Hi
I was trying docker container migration
Both my host and destination have docker 1.10.0-dev, CRIU and P.haul.
I created a container of id: 89c01ef15fba in the source host wile in the
destination host ./p.haul-wrap service is ran showing waiting for
connection. In the source host I ran the below command:
./p.haul-wrap client 172.17.0.1 docker 89c01ef15fba
However the output is :

Establish connection...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./p.haul-wrap", line 127, in <module>
    args.func(args, unknown_args)
  File "./p.haul-wrap", line 80, in run_phaul_client
    connection_sks[i].connect(dest_host)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I thought that disabling firewall will work. However it did not.
 Another weired thing is that in my *destination host* , in this docker
server is not running. Only the client shows up after typing docker
version. It also shows *cannot connect to docker daemon. is
<http://daemon.is> docker running in the host?* However a few hours earlier
it did not showd this message. there was a docker server  as well as the
client.  *I dont know what happened with my docker!!! As well as I cant
migrate. *
 Any help will be highly appreciated.
Best Regards
Sharmin