[CRIU] Docker checkpoint/restore problem

Sharmin Sultana Sheuly sharmin.sultana.sheuly90 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 05:07:11 PDT 2016

Hi
Thanks for help. previously , I did not set DOCKER_EXPERIMENTAL=1 and also
I updated my CRIU version to  2.1  .Now I followed the below site to built
docker experimental environment

https://docs.docker.com/v1.5/contributing/devenvironment/

Then I executed the binarys libprotobuf-c.so.2.0 and docker-1.10.0-dev (
https://github.com/boucher/docker/releases/tag/v1.10_2-16-16-experimentalo)
however its not showing checkpoint restore yet.
do I need to swap my host docker executable with built binary (from
https://docs.docker.com/v1.5/contributing/devenvironment/ ) ?  If so then
how to do it ?
I dont understand  the command which is given in the above website for
swapping:

$ sudo service docker stop ; sudo cp $(which docker) $(which docker)_ ;
sudo cp ./bundles/<version>-dev/binary/docker-<version>-dev $(which
docker);sudo service docker start
 Can anyone please help?

I posted in docker mailing list , noone yet replied. Pls help me

Best Regards