[CRIU] HAProxy + CRIU

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Thu Apr 7 05:42:26 PDT 2016

On 04/06/2016 10:51 PM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> I've contributed a script that makes HAProxy easily migrate with CRIU.

Wow! :) Can you shed a little bit more light on this? What's the real-life
usage you plan for this?

> Script here:
> https://github.com/openstack/osops-tools-contrib/blob/master/multi/superhaproxy
> Commit here:
> https://github.com/openstack/osops-tools-contrib/commit/bd711d693c6ce07a203fec5978c7c4e2cc07dcd4
>
> I'm curious if the CRIU team knows of any issues that may show with the approach?

Well, at the first glance it looks sane. One thing I can point
out from the very beginning is that it makes sense to send
pages directly to the restore side w/o putting them into local
dir. See the https://criu.org/Disk-less_migration

More comments/ideas will come once we understand the use-case better :)