[CRIU] Setting soft-dirty bit...

Divjyot sethi dsethi at princeton.edu
Thu Sep 24 16:27:59 PDT 2015

Hi Pavel,
Doing echo 4>/proc/pid/clear_refs will do so for all PTEs, right? Here's
what I am doing:

I do get_user_pages() from driver to pin a user page;
I write to this user page from inside the driver (so as part of an ioctl)

It seems to me that this does not mark the page soft dirty since the write
to the page did not happen in user-mode? Also, can I explicitly call
pte_mksoft_dirty
for the pte of interest? Any pointers on this would really help.

Thanks,
Divjyot