[CRIU] p.haul python versions?

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Tue Oct 20 12:42:23 PDT 2015

Hi Saied,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 12:33:53PM -0700, Saied Kazemi wrote:
> +filbranden@
>
> Hi Tycho,
>
> I was surprised by the comment, so I asked around...  Apparently, that
> comment (https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/issues/293) is about no plans to
> support Python 3 for caffee.  This has nothing to do with Google not
> supporting protobuf in Python 3.  In fact, gRPC (
> https://github.com/grpc/grpc) which will support Python 2.7 and Python 3.4
> requires protobuf.
>
> I am not a Python expert and am not involved with protobuf development
> efforts but can direct you to the right folks if you need more detailed
> information.

Whoops, wrong link :)

https://github.com/google/protobuf/issues/646

The release notes for 2.6.0 say that there is python3 support, but it
doesn't actually build. I see that the 3.0.0 alpha support done by a
handful of folks, but it's not clear from the issue tracker what the
status is. Anyway, good to hear that it will be supported, it
surprised me that it wasn't already.

Do you have any idea when a 3.0.0 final will be tagged? I don't mind
porting crit/p.haul to python3, but I would like to have something
that we can release in Ubuntu 16.04.

Tycho