[CRIU] lxc-checkpoint restore failed

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Tue Oct 20 10:14:31 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 09:23:57AM -0600, Tycho Andersen wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 05:12:22PM +0800, Jason Lee wrote:
> >
> > dhclient maybe use SOCK_PACKET to acquire IP address. When I kill this
> > process, CRIU works well !
>
> It looks like ubuntu has a patch on dhclient
> ("udp_checksum_offloading") which switches SOCK_PACKET to SOCK_RAW. As
> near as I can tell this is the only place in the code base where it's
> using SOCK_PACKET, so ubuntu's dhclient won't make sockets of this
> type, which is why I've not seen this before. I've asked the guy who
> applied the patch how long we'll carry it, but he's on vacation this
> week. If he says we'll drop it soon, I'll see about adding SOCK_PACKET
> support.

So it seems we will not be dropping this patch any time soon; on veth
devices the kernel doesn't do UDP checksumming, so we need this patch
in dhclient to fill the checksum in in userspace so it behaves
correctly. Your best bet may be to get this patch into debian, since
presumably they have the same issue as well.

Tycho