[CRIU] the new p.haul interface p.haul-wrap question

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Mon Oct 12 07:14:25 PDT 2015

In the past (before 'implement migration over existing connections') I
have started p.haul-service on the destination machine and was able to
migrate as many processes to the destination machine without restarting
p.haul-service. Using the newly introduced p.haul-wrap this is no longer
possible. The first connection works but the second connection just
hangs with:

# ./p.haul-wrap client host02 pid `pidof minimal`   -v 4  -j
Establish connection...
Exec p.haul: ./p.haul pid 5678 -v 4 -j --to host02 --fdrpc 3 --fdmem 4 --fdfs 5
14:04:33.753: Starting p.haul
14:04:33.753: Use existing connections, fdrpc=3 fdmem=4 fdfs=5

Which is a bit annoying as p.haul-service (or ./p.haul-wrap service) has
to be restarted for every new migration request. Even for failed
migration requests.

It also says pretty clear that 'p.haul-wrap' is for testing purposes
only which is a bit confusing as there is right now no other way to use
p.haul from the command-line.

So I am kind of missing the removed stand-alone p.haul mode as I do not
know how to set up the required file descriptors for the communication
between the p.haul processes.

		Adrian