[CRIU] Restore fails for test/rpc/test-c

Gabriel Southern southerngs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:58:40 PST 2015

I'm interested in using criu for creating/restoring checkpoints from within
an application that would be run as a regular user (not root).

I've been looking at the code in test/rpc/test-c.c to see an example of how
this could work.  But when I run this test using the run.sh script I'm
getting an error during the restore step.  Looking at the restore-c.log
file the error that I see is:

pie: Error (pie/restorer.c:1085): prctl failed @1085 with -22

(full output available here:
https://gist.github.com/southerngs/238a6f14ab61296587cc)

If I could get the criu tests to pass I'd be able to use the libcriu C api
for what I need.  But I'm not sure what I need to do to get these tests to
pass.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Also in case it matters I'm running Arch Linux.  My kernel is 4.2.5-1 and
compiled with the Arch Linux defaults and with the options listed on the
wiki page (https://criu.org/Installation#Configuring_the_kernel).

Thanks,

-Gabriel