[CRIU] Another Makefile related question

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Tue May 19 13:03:29 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:32:59PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> On 05/19/2015 04:00 PM, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > To build criu a simple 'make' is enough. To build the documentation
> > 'make docs' can be used.
> >
> > During 'make install' however the documentation is still built and
> > then installed.
> >
> > On systems without asciidoc installed I do not build the documentation
> > with 'make docs'. It then fails during 'make install' as it wants to
> > build the documentation anyway. My current solution is to remove the
> > install-man target from the install target in the Makefile.
> >
> > So I would like to see install-man removed from the install target but I
> > am not sure what you (upstream) say to this. Do you want a patch for
> > this trivial fix, or some other approach?
>
> If there's no possibility to install sources w/o documentation and this
> possibility is required, then we definitely need the fix for that :)

Let's say it would be nice. I can still patch the Makefile.

> Whether or not to remove the install-man from install... I would say that
> the best fix would be to introduce the install-criu (install-bin?) target
> that would install criu only and make install: depend on it. Would that
> work for you?

The name seems difficult as the install target depends on install-man
and install-crit and then it installs the binaries, the libraries, the
headers, logrotate and systemd scripts (and probably even more).

So this seems like already too much discussion for such a simple matter ;-)
Maybe I should just patch the Makefile in my build environment.

Let me provide patch with the changes like you described them.

		Adrian