[CRIU] Unconnected socket error

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed May 13 05:08:16 PDT 2015

On 05/13/2015 02:55 AM, Ross Boucher wrote:
> I'm getting this error occasionally when I try to checkpoint:
>
> Error (sk-inet.c:188): Name resolved on unconnected socket
>
> full log: https://gist.github.com/boucher/fb7b7086b681b481dae7
>
> Can anyone help me understand the state that leads to this?

This message means that criu has found a socket with peer name in
someone's fdtable and this socket was _not_ in the sock_diag output
(collect_sockets()).

The former means that the socket is connected (TCP_ESTABLISHED) while
the latter means that the socket is not :)

I'd say it's a race -- while we collected the sockets, this one was
unconnected (SYN_SENT?) then we started dumping stuff and at this time
the SYN-SYNACK-ACK handshake finished and socket turned into connected,
so we found one in fdtable being such.