[CRIU] [RFC] FSTYPE__UNSUPPORTED/AUTO && non-virtual filesystems

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Tue Mar 31 05:12:52 PDT 2015

On 03/31/2015 02:51 PM, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

>> With the --enable-fs we just tell CRIU to auto-add
>> the desired filesystem into the "supported" list. E.g. tons of on-disk FS-s
>> don't require special handling, neither we can add all of the into sources.
>
> I guess Christopher didn't argue with --enable-fs...
>
> He commented another idea to add another --skip-mnt cli argument.

Ah, I see. Yes, this can be an option to unshare the mntns, umount
unwanted mount and dump. In this case the only argument "for" the option
would be performance -- cloning tree of mountpoints can be (but can be
not) quite time consuming, so telling CRIU what to skip can be (but can
be not) faster.

> I hope I will find the time to send the (simple) patch today.
>
> And yes, sure, it can only work if nothing depends on the ignored mntpnt.

OK

> But this all is a bit off-topic in this thread... I'll send another email
> to remind about resolve_source().

Sure :)