[CRIU] [RFC] FSTYPE__UNSUPPORTED/AUTO && non-virtual filesystems

Oleg Nesterov oleg at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 08:35:07 PDT 2015

Hi Christopher,

you know I am very-very new to criu/etc, not sure I understand you
correctly...

On 03/30, Christopher Covington wrote:

> Hi Oleg,
>
> On 03/28/2015 02:18 PM, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
>
> > BUT. This makes me think again that we do want --ignore-this-mountpoint
> > option. Why not? And afaics trivial to implement. Of course, this will
> > be "use at your own risk" too.
>
> How hard would it be to unshare the mount namespace, unmount the mountpoint
> you want to ignore, and then dump the checkpoint?

How can unshare help? Perhaps you mean setns() + umount? But there can be
other processes in the same mnt ns which need this mountpoint?

But the main question is why we can't add a cli option for that? And the
patch is really simple after cleanups I sent. Hopefully I'll send it today
if I have a bit of time.

Oleg.