[CRIU] automate CRIU build environment

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at google.com
Tue Mar 24 10:56:38 PDT 2015

Hi Pavel, Sergey,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 5:57 AM, Pavel Emelyanov <xemul at parallels.com> wrote:
> On 03/23/2015 04:00 PM, Sergey Bronnikov wrote:
>> I have surprised how many steps contains wiki page
>> described CRIU manual installation - http://criu.org/Installation
>> and I decided to automate it using ansible playbook.
>>
>> Playbook is almost ready but not finisihed yet -
>> https://github.com/ligurio/ansible-criu-environment
>
> That's great!
>
> I put Filipe in Cc who planned to move CRIU build process onto
> auto-tools, so he is aware of this effort. Just in case these
> two conflict with each other :)

Of course. I had some time to play around with that but nothing
concrete as of yet.

I think automake might not actually help but I think autoconf is
useful (to integrate with protoc-c and detect cross compilers, etc.)

I'm also planning to make the build use a non-recursive make
invocation, though that shouldn't have any side effects outside of the
build system.

I'll take aa look at the ansible-playbook. If I do send a change to
adopt autoconf which will require running ./configure I'll try to send
you a PR to update the ansible to run it during the build.

I'll be off on vacation for the next two weeks, so probably this will
be only after I return.

Cheers!
Filipe