[CRIU] automate CRIU build environment

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Mon Mar 23 10:53:03 PDT 2015

Hi Sergey,

On 03/23/2015 09:00 AM, Sergey Bronnikov wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have surprised how many steps contains wiki page
> described CRIU manual installation - http://criu.org/Installation
> and I decided to automate it using ansible playbook.
>
> Playbook is almost ready but not finisihed yet -
> https://github.com/ligurio/ansible-criu-environment

This is neat. Feel free to update the wiki page with any simplifications you
find. It's my fault that the instructions got complicated, but I wanted to
document how to cross compile and build dependencies (protobuf) from source.
Note that the upstream protobuf recently changed significantly, splitting RPC
into its own repository, and I haven't tested the wiki instructions recently.

https://github.com/google/protobuf/releases

In case it simplifies the steps, recent Debian may have good enough cross
compilers available from distribution packages, as well as
foreign-arch/cross-build dependencies (something like `sudo dpkg
--add-architecture armel && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install
libprotobuf-c0-dev:armel`).

Chris

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,