[CRIU] Criu Restore Error

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Thu Mar 19 06:51:05 PDT 2015

On 03/19/2015 04:42 PM, Priyanka Naik wrote:
> No I didn't use -j option while dumping.

OK, so the process you dump, what kind of terminal does it use?
Is it something launched under screen/tmux or you just ssh-ed
somewhere and started?

I'm trying to understand why are terminals involved and -j is not
required.

> N another thing is I m nt able to take log files out of guest. So can't send them on mailing list.
>
> The error is on line no 493 of tty.c file.
> Which has flag TCSETPGRP not set n hence giving error.

Yes, I've seen this and the error reported is "inappropriate ioctl"
which means that the descriptor criu tries to set pgrp on happens
to be non-terminal.

W/o logs (or at least images) I am not able to understand why.

If you could strace (with -f) the restoring command and check what
descriptor criu opens to call the TCSETPGRP on, that would be
helpful :)

> Is there some way through which I can set that??

Let's try to find out on what file CRIU tries to set the group.