[CRIU] Criu Restore Error

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Mar 18 23:43:48 PDT 2015

On 03/19/2015 06:44 AM, Priyanka Naik wrote:
> My BE project is on Process Migration wherein I need criu to dump the load causing
> process on host OS, transfer it to guest using virtio serial and then restore it back
> on guest.

Oh, it's live migration :) Please, consider looking at the p.haul stuff [1] we have,
it's a python script(s) aimed at making live migration easier with criu.

[1] http://criu.org/P.Haul

> I m using following commands :
>
> Dumping of process on host :
>
> criu dump -D image_dir -t PID --shell-job
>
> Restore process on guest :
>
> criu restore -D image_dir -t PID --shell-job
>
> I m specifying -t option in restore command because the documentation of criu says so.

Can you point out where exactly it is said so? This usage of -t option for
restore is obsoleted and we removed it from docs. Looks like some place is
missing.

> I m trying to restore a process using command :
>
> criu restore -D image_dir -t 1234 --shell-job
>
> but I m getting an error like :
>
> tty : Can't set tty params on 1 : Invalid argument
>
> How do I go about this problem?

Can you specify the criu version you're using and attach the full log
file (collected with -v4 option)?

Thanks,
Pavel