[CRIU] Pty-related Dump Failure

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:04:47 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 09:48:57AM -0700, Saied Kazemi wrote:
>    Hi Cyrill,
>    As you know, we're trying to add checkpoint restore functionality to
>    Docker using CRIU.  The first step in the process is to add C/R to
>    libcontainer and test the result with the standalone nsinit utility that
>    uses libcontainer.
>    We need your help in resolving an issue related to pseudo terminals.
>    Below is how you can reproduce the problem.  Attached is a tarball of
>    nsinit and CRIU image and log files (in checkpoint directory).  Please
>    let me know if you need instructions on how to build nsinit yourself.

Hi Saied! Look, the message "Found slave peer index ..." comes from
fact that CRIU get only slave peer of tty and master peer is hosting
outside of process tree so we don't see it. We have --shell-job option
for that so on restore the slave get inherited from the shell criu
restore procedure initiated from (at least that was the idea). Have
you tried to pass --shell-job option on both dump and restore?

(Note I didn't look into dump images itself at the moment, cause
 out of time, but give --shell-job option a try)