[CRIU] failure dumping nginx in docker container

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Tue Jun 23 23:39:02 PDT 2015

On 06/24/2015 01:42 AM, Ross Boucher wrote:
> If I run strace on the docker daemon, criu fails to restore with a different error:
>
> https://gist.github.com/boucher/bef6e944ae700526a979
> (I included both the restore log and the strace)
>
> Without strace, I get the same fd already in use error.

Hm... The new error is because criu tries to PTRACE_SEIZE the init to do the
--restore-sibling restore and can't do it since strace is already there.

Can you (for experiment only) patch out the --restore-sibling option from the
code that calls criu? Or (!) call criu restore manually on the existing images
with all the options being "correct" by yet again w/o the --restore-sibling?