[CRIU] failure dumping nginx in docker container

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Fri Jun 19 06:00:12 PDT 2015

On 06/19/2015 01:57 AM, Ross Boucher wrote:
> I made some further progress trying to checkpoint/restore nginx in docker. I set things up in the 3.19 kernel and was able to successfully checkpoint the container. Restore failed with this log:
>
> https://gist.github.com/boucher/fa016de5d142988abe3a
>
> Any idea what's going on here?

(00.032159) 1: File pipe:[44496] will be restored from fd 9 duped from inherit fd 8
(00.032160) 1: Error (util.c:131): fd 5 already in use (called at files.c:872)

The fd 5 was occupied at the restore time. The easiest way to resolve this is to strace
restoring process (with -f and -s 256 keys) then checking the log where the 5th descriptor
appeared from.

-- Pavel