[CRIU] custom initialization during restore

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Thu Jun 11 06:01:27 PDT 2015

On 06/11/2015 05:06 AM, CRIU criu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I add custom initialization code to restorer before unmap and sigreturn?
> I'm trying to checkpoint /restore a single Android process. For external dependencies, I
> need to initialize Java objects collected as a part of memory dump by CRIU. The
> initialization code involves making a bunch of syscalls. Can I do this by creating a
> custom restorer blob or inside cr_restore_tasks() in cr-restore.c? Thanks!

Hm :) Nice request. Right now there's no such ability in CRIU and I don't
see _easy_ solution. Complex solution can be plugin, that gets loaded into
restorer blob and that's called at the very end of restorer, but this would
require non-trivial preparation of the plugin itself. We've played with
such things before, you can dig deep into the pie/ code and into the
compel project (https://github.com/xemul/compel) for details :)