[CRIU] Android port

CRIU criu criuport at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:46:05 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Pavel Emelyanov <xemul at parallels.com> wrote:

> On 06/04/2015 05:35 PM, CRIU criu wrote:
> > Can CRIU be used to checkpoint/restore a single process and not a
> process tree?
>
> Without a patch -- no, it always scans for the process subtree starting
> from the
> pid given.

Is there a patch already to do this?

> > I keep hitting this error message:
> >
> >     if (item->sid == 0) {
> >
> >         pr_err("A session leader of %d(%d) is outside of its pid
> namespace\n",
> >
> >             item->pid.real, item->pid.virt);
> >
> >         goto err_cure;
> >
> >     }
>
> But it's not about dumping a single task or a subtree, it's about the
> resources
> leaking outside of what you dump :)

I agree. However, an Android process behaves very differently from a
regular linux process - some of the resources are released when a process
goes in the background so we don't have to dump everything because released
resources will be reacquired upon resume (restore) when brought into
foreground again. That means the way we resume will change for Android. I
will fix this as I go along.

I also see "Uncollected sockets! Will probably fail later." error message.
What does it mean?

Thanks for your help!

-Lilo