[CRIU] Android port

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at parallels.com
Wed Jun 3 03:59:47 PDT 2015

On 06/03/2015 12:31 AM, CRIU criu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm porting CRIU on Android.
>
> When I run CRIU, it fails with the following
> Error (mount.c:601): FS mnt ./cache dev 0x1f00002 root / unsupported id 28
>

> This is what I found in dump.log
>
> (00.096659)     type ext4 source /dev/block/mtdblock0 mnt_id 0x26 s_dev 0x1f00000 / @ ./system flags 0x200001 options data=ordered
> (00.096844)     type ext4 source /dev/block/mtdblock1 mnt_id 0x27 s_dev 0x1f00001 / @ ./data flags 0x406 options data=ordered
> (00.097010)     type ext4 source /dev/block/mtdblock2 mnt_id 0x28 s_dev 0x1f00002 / @ ./cache flags 0x406 options data=ordered
>
> As seen, all (mtdblock*) is ext4 based, but CRIU complains about "cache" partition. Any clue as to why this is the case?
> I don't see ext4 in "static struct fstype fstypes[]"

Yes, because when restoring this mountpoint we will have incomplete info for
which device to use. When restoring on the same box, we should take the one
we saw on dump, but in case of live migration situation is unclear.

Can you try to use the "--enable-fs ext4" option and see whether it works
for you?